4 small zucchinis – spiralled into noodles or 2 x packets of zucchini noodles from the fresh food section
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic crushed
1/3 cup extra-virigin olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
400g-500g of protein of choosing (chicken breast, turkey, tofu, legumes)
- Use a julienne peeler or mandolin to spiral the zucchini into noodles – set aside.
- Heat the pan and pan fry protein source of choice. Fry until fully cooked and set aside.
- Combine the basil and garlic into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food pressor is on. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the zucchini noodles into the pan with a little bit of oil. Add the pesto you have just made.
- Cook the noodles for about 3minutes and then stir through the protein. To make sure the protein is hot.
- Top with tomatoes. Serve.