1 cup cooked brown rice (from 1/2 cup uncooked rice)
6 spring onions, thinly sliced (include green tops)
1 medium red capsicum, seeded and finely diced
1 medium yellow capsicum, seeded and finely diced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup currants
4 x 100g salmon fillets
Olive or canola oil spray
1 bunch bok choy, quartered
1/2 cup unsalted roasted cashews (70g), roughly chopped, to serve
1 tablespoon salt-reduced gluten free soy sauce
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked rice, spring onions, capsicums, parsley and currants.
- To make dressing, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil and lemon juice in a cup. Pour over salad and stir through well.
- Place a metal steamer into a large saucepan with a few centimetres of water. Add bok choy and bring to the boil. Steam with lid on for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle, barbeque grill or large non-stick frypan on high. Lightly spray each side of salmon with oil, season with pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook salmon for 3 minutes each side until golden brown and just cooked.
- Top rice salad with cashews then spoon onto serving plates. Add bok choy and salmon fillets; serve immediately.