- 250g packet microwaveable steamed rice supergrains (Active Blend)
- 4 cos lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
- 185g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 60g (4) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50g soft feta, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- Heat rice blend in microwave according to packet directions. Transfer to a bowl. Cool.
- Divide lettuce evenly over base of 2 x 450ml capacity jars or containers. Top evenly with rice blend and tuna.
- Combine capsicum, cucumber, tomatoes, shallot, olives and dill in a bowl. Divide mixture evenly over tuna layer in jars.
- Whisk lemon juice and oil in a small jug with a fork. Season with pepper. Drizzle evenly over salad in each jar.
- Serve sprinkled with feta and pine nut
- Salad jars can be prepared completely up to 12 hours ahead. Keep, covered in refrigerator. For easy, spill-proof transport, assemble salads in containers with a screw top lid.
- Replace microwaveable rice supergrain blend with any unflavoured wholegrain rice blend.
- Check out the varieties available from the rice section in supermarkets, or substitute plain brown rice, if preferred.