500g lean pork mince
35g (1/2 cup) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
25g feta, crumbled
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
400g can crushed tomatoes
20g pitted kalamata olives, sliced
2 tablespoons water
165g (3/4 cup) risoni pasta
1 large zucchini, trimmed, coarsely grated
2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
Steamed green beans, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan forced. Use hands to mix mince, breadcrumbs, feta, half the chives and half the oregano in bowl. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into 24 meatballs.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil. Cook meatballs, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a large casserole dish. Wipe pan clean with paper towel.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato, olives and water. Bring to boil. Pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook risoni in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well. Return to saucepan. Stir in zucchini, rind, and remaining chives and oregano.
- Top risoni with meatballs. Serve with beans.