1 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 x iceberg lettuce leaves roughly chopped
3 x medium tomatoes, quartered
1 x Lebanese cucumber, sliced
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup of fresh mint, chopped
- Cut the chicken into 1 ½ inch strips for skewering. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cilantro or parsley, crushed garlic, paprika, salt, cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Place the chicken pieces in a glass dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator and let the chicken marinate for 20 minutes. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water while the chicken is marinating.
- Generously grease the grill and heat over medium. Skewer the chicken, evenly divided between 6-8 skewers.
- Place the skewers on the hot grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning once during cooking, until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking toss all the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, Lebanese cucumber, parsley and mint in a bowl.
- Once chicken is fully cooked serve chicken hot with the salad.