40g vanilla protein powder
1 large very ripe banana
1/8 Teaspoon cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon Baking powder
¼ Teaspoon Salt
2 large eggs
- In two separate bowls, separate the eggs (egg yolks in 1 bowl and egg whites in the other) carefully so none of the yolk gets into the egg whites.
- Beat the egg white on high for 2 minutes until they form soft peaks. Make sure the bowl/beaters don’t have any oil, fat or yolks on them otherwise the egg whites won’t form peaks.
- Add the egg yolks along with the remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. Fold half of the remaining eggs whites into the mixture and finally fold in the last portion until everything is well combined.
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 60 seconds on each side.
- Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL: Top with fresh fruit and/or 1/3 cup of plain non-fat Greek yoghurt.