4 medium Granny Smith Apples, washed and scrubbed
1/8 cup of raisins
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional: plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using a small paring knife, gently cut around the apple core, starting from the top to remove the inner core and seeds. Be sure to remove all the seeds and any stringy, firm parts while keeping the bottom intact. You’ll want to remove all the core and have enough room to fill the emptied core.
- Stand the apple up on a baking sheet with the cored portion up.
- Gently stir the ingredients together until well combined.
- Place the apples in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. After 20minutes check the apples by piercing them with a fork. If apples are tender remove from oven. If not let bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with a tablespoon of plain yoghurt.